Cottesloe Coastcare and Cottesloe’s Natural Areas
- Annual General Meeting 2020. Presentation Part 1 and Part 2, Treasurer’s Report, Minutes.
- Cottesloe Coastcare Celebrating 20 years. Read our article that was published in Coastlines Spring 2015.
- Connecting land, shores and oceans. 4th WA State Coastal Conference. Report by Robyn Benken and Frauke Chambers, 2007.
- Cottesloe Coastcare 2016. All about Cottesloe Coastcare – what we do, how we do it and why we do it.
- Cottesloe Natural Areas Management Plan. Ecoscape (Australia) Pty Ltd. 2008. The NAMP provides a framework to guide the management of Cottesloe’s natural areas over a 5 year period.
- Cottesloe Natural Areas Management Plan. Update 2015. Syrinx
- Herbicide Trail 2019. Cottesloe Coastcare conducted a herbicide trial in 2019 to assess the effectiveness of various treatments on the notorious weeds of Cottesloe’s coastal sand dunes.
- John Black Dune Park. A report by Robert Powell 2006.
- Mineral nutrition of native plants on the Swan Coastal Plain. A fascinating presentation by Hans Lambers for our AGM in 2003.
- Newsletters. Cottesloe Coastcare published a newsletter from 2004 to 2012 and they provide a great way to look back at our history.
- North Cottesloe Coastal Management Plan 2005-2010. Ecoscape, 2005.
- A Preliminary Assessment of Water Resource Environmental Management Issues Associated with the Fresh Groundwater Lens on the Cottesloe Peninsula by S. Appleyard, 2004
- To bag or not to bag? – that is the question by Robyn Benken, 2007.
History and Geology of Cottesloe
- Aborigines and the Cottesloe Coast by Ken Macintyre and Dr. Barb Dobson (2004). Paper presented to Cottesloe Coastcare May 2004.
- Cottesloe’s Sense of Place by Vicki Woods. (2008). Outlines what is special about Cottesloe, written for the Enquiry by Design process that was held in 2008.
- Indigenous Significance of Mudurup Rocks, Cottesloe by Ken Macintyre and Dr. Barb Dobson (2014).
- Mudurup – History in the Rocks by Mike Gregson (2013)
- The Goats of Grant Marine Park by Robyn Benken.
Animals (land and marine) of Cottesloe
- Animals of the Cottesloe Reef Fish Habitat Protection Area by L.M. Marsh
- Birds of the Leighton Peninsula is an illustrated guide to our local birds of the land, river and sea. Contact us if you’d like a copy.
- Fishing Line Menace by Rowley Goonan
- Perth Fish: Explore, Identify, Enjoy by Dianne McLean and Michael Taylor. A great resource on our local fish with an excellent guide to identifying the fish you might see on our Cottesloe Reef.
- Sustainable successful and responsible fishing in the fish habitat protection area by Brett Donovan
- Weedy Seadragon campaign success by Robyn Benken (2011)
Plants (land and marine) of Cottesloe
- Coastal Gardens: A planting guide for the Perth coastal region. This is a terrific guide to the best plants for your Cottesloe garden. Local plants save water and help our local wildlife. Common garden “escapees” are also described and better local alternatives described.
- Create a coastal ecosystem on your verge – planting local plants will attract birds and animals, save water and look great.
- Grow local plants – Town of Cottesloe – Part 1 and Part 2. A planting guide showing native plants that are especially suitable to Cottesloe gardens. Note: when printing scale the page size to A4.
- Red eye wattle (Acacia cyclops) by Robert Powell.
- Seaweeds and seagrasses of the Cottesloe area by Dr Anne Brearley.
- Verge plants for Cottesloe by Robyn Benken.